9 de agosto de 2014

The stylish adventures of Yoshiko Kris-Webb

          Hello! After some time of doing nothing on the blog. I decided to get out of theroutine in #Thefashioncode BLOG, I did interview to Yoshiko Kris-Webb a FashionBlogger who has had contact with the world of fashion since she was born. you will love her style ... exclusive for #Thefashioncode 

Full interview...


How did you start to become interested in fashion?

 My parents were my first source of inspiration about fashion as my father used to take me shopping. I loved helping him buy clothes at his favorite shops, especially Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake and Armani. He was a good fashion adviser to my mother, too. and we used to go shopping together as a family. My sister and I accompanied them to my mother’s favorite boutiques together and we would watch help her to choose. She looked great in Valentino, Christian Dior, Lanvin, Kenzo, etc.  
I was a very diligent student and got into a top university, but I soon began to long for an experience of the world beyond Japan so I dropped out and moved to New York. After working as an event promoter for a while I started a business trading rare sneakers then did some designing for some brands and eventually drifted further and further into the world of fashion.

•        How started Yoshiko Kris-Webb Blog?

After almost five years in the US I moved back to Japan and began working as a buyer for an avant garde multi-label “select shop” in Kyoto. After meeting my husband, who was also a buyer at the time, at a fashion show in London in 2003 I moved to Tokyo and worked in fashion PR for a while before becoming a full-time mother.
My older daughter, Ninon, is 9 and her younger sister, Beni, is 8. When I was 28 I was scouted by the editor-in-chief of a lifestyle/fashion magazine called VERY. I started modeling soon after that and after a couple of years they gave me an exclusive contract. The magazine work is always great fun, but these days I also enjoy doing TV and radio shows, commercials, collaborations and charity projects.
The blog started in 2012. Its name, TOKYO DAME, is in homage to TOKYO DANDY, who I admire a lot and are often cited as the best fashion bloggers in Japan.
                                                                                
•        What’s your most memorable fashion moment?

A fashion show in London in September 2003. It was Ann-Sophie Back. A clever young man came and sat next to me. We had a chat and then, sometime later, we got married and made babies.


•        You have your own style, or who's inspires u?

Putting an outfit together - Japanese people use the English word “coordinate” - it’s like mathematics in a certain way. I like to calculate combinations precisely. I have and a set of rules that I always adhere too (except when I feel like breaking the rules …). There are plenty of women I admire, but none specifically whose style inspires me in a strong way. Even if I register someone else’s outfit I process that through my own framework, my own distinctive aesthetic sensibility, so I feel that my inspiration comes from within myself.


•    What are your rules of style?

They are top secret!

•    Who are your favorite designers?

Too many to mention

•  What are your “musts”?

With clothes, nothing’s an absolute imperative, but heels do so much for one’s posture.

•   Who do you turn to for high-fashion items?

My stylists

•  And who do you look to for your basics?

ditto

• How would you describe yourself in five words…

Yoshiko Kris Webb Mother Writer

• Which projects come to Yoshiko Kris-Webb?

Those from people who wish to communicate with Japanese women who have good taste












2 comentarios

The Fashion Code @ Instagram

© THE FASHION CODE . Design by Fearne.